Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today was good

I'm not sure what made today different from any other day but it was a good day. It started off like all the others, not being able to sleep. Now that is getting old. It's all I want to do. But instead I got up and made myself a nice little sandwich and started my day.
I think I just like feeling useful. We had a meeting at work and I was the one that got to pick up breakfast. I know it's a small thing but doing little things to make others happy really pleases me. After my meeting at work I was able to show the new manager around town a little bit. Now I know I should really be doing things like get my life together but showing him around town made me happy. I know how hard it was for me to move to the other coast and how much I hated so I just don't want him to feel the same way about my beloved Ft. Myers. I think he will like it and I'm sure that he will fit right in here.
My night at work was like any other. Tough. Work is the hardest thing I have to do now. It's not because my job is difficult, it's because I'm irritable. It's now any one's fault or anything they say it's just me. I run at constant state of being irritable. The last thing I want to do is to snap on someone over something trivial but I'm nervous that it's going to happen. The headaches I have are so different from what I am used to. They are more at the front of my head now and at work they are awful. I'm not sure if it's just that my mind is everywhere right now or what. The one thing about being at work is that everyone has been so nice and I can tell that they truly care about how I am feeling. It makes me want to be myself that much more. They have all been so wonderful to me and I just want to be wonderful back to them. So when I think about the whole of my day today it was pretty great. I'm really going to miss everyone at work. Today it just seemed like the crew that was on was so caring. I got asked countless times how I was feeling and it wasn't because they were going through the motions it was because they really cared.
On a small side note. I am beyond excited for my Potluck and I can't wait to see everyone there!

1 comment:

  1. HI Dana, I just finished reading all your posts and I want you to know I admire your strength and desire to be strong. You are a beautiful young woman and I am so fortunate to have met you! Thank you for adding to my life. I don't want to impose on you but just to encourage you...I find Psalm 56 very comforting when I am facing something new and uncertain. It helps me to know that even the great King David in the Bible went thru some really tough times and even he was afraid at times and even cried! So whatever happens be assured it's OK to cry, God hears your cries;
    "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.(v8)
    He knows your pain and your fears! 'Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You' (v3) "In God I have PUT my trust; I WILL not fear" (v4). He keeps repeating it through out the whole psalm...It's ok to say it aloud to reinforce your intentions "IN GOD I HAVE PUT MY TRUST"! "I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"(v11)
    God has plans for you and they are GOOD!

    I love it...I can see that you love to help people. You are very good at it and you will find ways to reach out to others even during the times when you will not be able to physically. Just writing your thoughts and feelings on this blog is evidence of that! It's therapeutic for you and others so don't stop.
    May God reach out and show you favor on this journey! My prayers are for complete healing for you, Our God is the great Physician and He is in control. I thank God again and again for allowing our paths to cross,
    Rachel Wagler

    ReplyDelete