Monday, January 9, 2012

My Day Off

First I would like to thank everyone for their support in my journey and it means so much to me that you all have taken the time to view my blog and let me tell my story. I have fixed it so if you wish to leave comments, please do. I would love to hear from anyone.

So my day started out today like most others, uncomfortable. All I want to do is sleep past 6:00. I don't want to be up that early, I'm not a morning person and I don't have the motivation to get up and get coffee that early. So what do I do, I go on Facebook. Mistake! No one should know that I'm actually up that early, then they think it's okay to communicate with me. Little do they know I'm a morning monster and should really just lay their be quite and hope that I might actually fall back asleep. So I start ignoring everyone, fb messages, phone calls, and text messages then finally around 8;30 I give in. I drag myself out of bed let some visitors over and have coffee and start taking phone calls. I know everyone cares and they all just want to check on me but all I want is a day off from my new normal. I want to pretend that I can see single without my glasses, I want to not have a headache and I don't want to be a bitch anymore because it's really not me and I always feel super guilty afterwards.
I make the decision to have a somewhat normal day today. I'm going to do it and it's going to be great. My cousin comes over and brings the kids which made me very happy since I have been avoiding everyone. I have coffee ( to protect the little ones from my morning monster inside) and I sit and have a normal conversation. It felt great! I was able to talk about some of what I have been going through and she sat their and just listened and it made me feel so good. I would normally go lay on the couch and let the headache take over but not today! It was a " normal" day I was going to have. I got dressed and went to the library with her and the kids. I got to talk to my best friend on the phone and I can't tell you how wonderful it felt today. I was so blissfully happy to just have a day that didn't include a dr's phone call or appointment or laying on the couch all day. I stayed at story time for a bit and then had lunch with a good friend that I haven't seen in awhile. Another great thing for me. Once again I was able to open up and I think that is key for me right now. I started caring more about getting it out of me then concerning myself with upsetting someone with my news. My friends and family have been more supportive then I could imagine. I am blessed to have all these individuals in my life. After lunch I decided that I needed my haircut. After all they will be shaving it shortly so I might as well have the short haircut that everyone talks me out of.
I call my girl only to find out that she has moved to Bonita and they aren't sure of the name of the salon. I try two other places only to find out that they are closed on Monday's. I am determined, I'm getting my haircut today and nothing is going to stop me. I remember that one the Chef's wife works at a local salon so I drive right over. I walk in the door to find her and she tells me that she had a cancellation and that she has time for me! I was beyond excited. Not only was it someone I trusted it was someone that knew my story and already knew what was going on with me. She treated me so well from the moment I walked in the door. We were really able to talk about my hair and about what I was about to encounter with my future. I have never met someone who was so nice and so easy to talk to. I showed her the pictures and she made it happen. There are still some things that I am not comfortable with and I do struggle with them at times and she put me right at ease. I have gotten used to not hearing in the one ear, I have gotten used to the constant ringing but I have not gotten used to the fact that I have to have my glasses on. I tried to take them off and my immediately favors on side and it starts to turns to try and compensate for the vision. She made feel as though it was no big deal to leave the glasses on and the flushing in my face went down right away. At times I was a little embarrassed because of my eyes and all I want is to not wear the glasses. I even tripped on the way back to the chair and at that moment when I wanted to cry she helped me laugh it off like it was nothing. I am so grateful for the most amazing experience I have ever had with a haircut. I swear I don't ever want anyone else to touch my hair. Thank You Natasha at the Rock!
My day ended with a great meal with great company. I had the best day off I had in awhile. Who knows what tomorrow will bring for me. I have my appointment in Tampa and I'm hopeful for good news.


  1. NIce to hear you had a good day. Just continue right through tomorrow and forward. I hope tomorrow brings the best news for you. I'll be watching your blog for updates. Till next time, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

  2. I'm so glad you found such a cool stylist! Can't wait to see the new 'do!