Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dates

Well today was the day that I have been waiting for. I got my dates for my new life. It's amazing how one phone call change everything. My new life will start on February 6th at 7:30 a.m. The phone call wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
I shake now. It's funny how that happens, it's more like a tremble in my body that I can't control but it stops when it's ready. So the phone call made me shake. I spoke to a wonderful women who had all my appointments set up for me already. I haven't even had my surgery and I can feel my Independence slipping away from me. I don't get to pick and choose what works best for me or what I want anymore, I am told. I fully understand that everything everyone is doing is what's best for me but it doesn't make it easy for me to let them do it. So I am told that I have another appointment with another doctor on Tuesday. So I will be traveling to Tampa for that. I am told that I have another MRI on the 2nd in Tampa and then I am told the date that is going to change my life. February 6th. I don't know what will happen to me after that. I don't know if I will be the same person. People say things like this change you. Well I want to know how. How will I be changed? I am a confident, caring, independent women. I don't want to change those things about myself. I don't want to be weak. Never mind the deformities I will have I am now more concerned with my soul. Who I am. What I stand for. I'm so afraid to lose that. People care about what I have to say because of my outlook on life. I can't help but wonder if that is going to change. I will be determined to be not let this change me. I will still be me when this is over. I will just have to learn to let people take care of me for a little bit.

Dates to Remember:
Jan 17th- Dr. Appointment
Jan 21st- POTLUCK!!!!! Everyone is invited. At my dad's house. Starting at 6-whenever.
Jan 23rd- Sister giving Birth
Jan 29th- Last day of work
Feb 2nd- MRI+pre op
Feb 5th- Travel to Tampa and stay over night
Feb 6th- Surgery Day 7:30

4 comments:

  1. Dana

    You will always be the caring,confident, independent women you are today. No one and nothing will every take that from you. If anything this surgery is only going to reflect even more who you truely are. If people dont care about what your saying later on down the road, MAKE THEM! This will be a challenge and as a confident and independent person, people wont be able to help but listen to what you have to say. Yes, you will need someone to help you here and there, and no one really knows for how long....but with any surgery everyone needs help, you will just need a different kind of help. Just know that you will still be the same person as long as you let yourself be that person.

    We love you! Good luck in your new adventure, stay positive and make it a good one....I know you will :)

    XOXOXO
    Adam, Tristan, Hailey, and baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're already gettin some of us up pretty early in the morning just to read your blog ! Thanks so much for sharing!!! We are all with you on this journey. I think you will be better, stronger, faster, like a superhero...dangit you may even need a cape..would that be *Coach or *Prada??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's got to be terrifying to be in your shoes right now, not knowing how these surgeries will affect you but we will all just be happy to have you in our lives! Defects or no defects, happy, mad or sad, droopy cheek or no droopy cheek, you will always be Dana and that's what everybody loves most about you!! Can't wait to see you at the potluck!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops!
    Love,
    Andrea (:

    ReplyDelete